PricewaterhouseCoopers provides industry focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value for its clients and their stakeholders. More than 328,000 people in 152 countries across our network share their thinking, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and practical advice. Joining PwC Malta means joining this global network of firms.
A career within PwC’s Actuarial team will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of assurance and consulting services to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities operating predominantly within the insurance sector. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach.
The applicant will form part of an energetic actuarial team and the role would include working closely with both audit and non-audit clients in the insurance industry and the multi-disciplinary PwC insurance team in order to advise and provide assurance to our clients on various actuarial matters.
The ideal candidate would be/have:
- An individual who is currently completing their IFoA qualification (or equivalent);
- Passionate about starting their Actuarial career and have an aptitude for learning;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to multi-task effectively and have strong analytical and problem solving skills
In addition to the above, knowledge of the following would be beneficial to the role:
- knowledge of statistical techniques and their application
- knowledge of one of the following - Prophet, Moses, Matlab, R
- knowledge of Insurance products and underwriting modelling
- knowledge of Insurance and Financial business processes, and industry best practices and regulatory requirements for risk management, with particular focus on Solvency II regime
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to be trained by professionals in the field both from PwC Malta and the PwC network and will also benefit from study support to complete their Actuarial qualification.