Analyst (Investment Firms)
The Investment Services Supervision Function is responsible for the authorisation and supervision of investment services licence holders and recognised persons. The Authorisation Team in particular is responsible for the processing of applications of entities proposing to carry out activities in terms of the Investment Services Act. The Investment Services Supervision Function is also involved in policy-related work.
About the Role
Within this role you will form part of the Authorisation Team within the Investment Services Supervision Function. The following are some tasks you will be involved in:
- Assessing various legislative EU texts and be required to interpret such laws accordingly;
- Assessing shareholding structures, business plans, financial projections and governance proposals in relation to entities licensed under the Investment Services Act;
- Assessing the suitability of Members of the Board and of Key Function Holders;
- Drafting memoranda to be presented to the relevant decision-making bodies within the MFSA;
- Communicating effectively and persuasively at the level required to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Carrying out other tasks as may be delegated by the Deputy Head and/or Senior Manager.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Economics, Public Policy or in another finance related background, to increase the current pool of internal expertise in the Investment Services Supervision Function. Experience related to asset management and fund structures will be considered as an asset for this role.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
The candidate should possess the following skill set:
- ability to multi-task and work on own initiative with minimum supervision;
- be a self-motivated team player and able to adopt various roles within a team;
- excellent verbal and communication skills;
- ability to prioritise and deliver under pressure;
- highly IT literate; and
- sound analytical and judgemental skills compiling reports of a high standard.
You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in the area of financial services and/or compliance with financial services regulation for a number of years. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.gov.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage www.mfsa.mt.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Public Call Permit: 376/2023