Analyst (Trustee & CSP Supervision)
About the Department
The regulation and supervision of professional trustees and other fiduciaries and company service providers fall within the remit of the MFSA and in fact the MFSA has a specific function designated with the responsibility for both the authorisation as well as the supervision of trustees and other fiduciaries, and also company service providers. The function's main objective is to ensure that licensed trustees and fiduciaries and company service providers have the appropriate structures and systems in place to service clients adequately whilst at the same time preserving their reputation as well as Malta's reputation, taking into account its international commitments. A mixture of tools is utilised with respect to supervision, consisting of both onsite inspections as well as offsite work and assessments.
About the Role
Within this role you will be joining the Trustees and Corporate Services Providers supervision team in the review of conduct of the respective licence holders.
Your work will include any of the following tasks aimed at verifying that authorised trustees and company service providers are meeting
the requirements of the Trusts and Trustees Act, the Company Services Providers Act and the relevant rules and regulations, as applicable:
- Reviewing the regular off-site reporting, including annual financial statements and returns;
- Assisting in dealing with queries from authorised persons relating to supervision;
- Assisting in the maintenance and dealing with requests for information from third parties in relation to the Register of beneficial owners of trusts;
- Carrying out ad hoc assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that may arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate;
- Participating in, or assisting and supporting other staff members in the conduct of onsite inspections and other supervisory engagements at authorised trustees, fiduciaries and company service providers;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the Function
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Banking & Finance or in another finance related background.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. You will also possess a minimum of three (3) years working in financial services.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.