We are looking for an Audit Manager to join our client's growing firm. As an Audit Manager, you will hold a pivotal role in co-leading and managing the audit function within the firm. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing a team of auditors, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial statements while providing valuable insights into their esteemed clients. This role calls for strong managerial skills, technical expertise in accounting and auditing combined with solid communication skills.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a licensed boutique accounting and auditing firm and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing a client portfolio to ensure that all client needs are adhered to within the stipulated deadlines by managing the planning of the engagement and assuring that the appropriate resources are allocated.
- Liaising with clients in relation to all necessary preparations and compilation of documents, concurrently seeking to sustain a productive working relationship with them and promoting their overall satisfaction.
- Guiding the assigned audit team by providing them feedback, reviewing their work and coaching them as and when required.
- Reviewing financial statements and other reporting documents.
- Ensuring that all numbers are accurate, regulations are complied with and that the firm is in line with all statutory requirements.
- Utilising and keeping oneself well-versed with audit technology and the applicable firm-related standard software to ensure that all engagement targets are attained and service delivery is enforced. Providing training in this aspect will be required.
- Attending meetings on an ad-hoc basis with clients and other team members within the Audit department and/or Directors.
- Understanding and being well-updated about the firm's service lines and actively assess and present ways to apply the relevant knowledge and necessary services.
- Supporting or handling other functions in line with the job designation of an Audit Manager and its required skills set.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 4 years progressive work experience in the audit sector with a reputable audit and accounting firm.
- Candidates with a Big 4 background and at least 2 years within a managerial or supervisory role will be given preference.
- Be proficient in GAPSME and IFRS reporting frameworks and preferably also in International Auditing Standards.
- Must communicate flawlessly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing (no less than a C1 level).
- Demonstrating a positive attitude to continue learning and expanding on your knowledge and skills set -- both in terms of the various client industries and one's role as a senior manager.
- Possess an eye for detail, maintain a deadline-oriented approach and instilling these skills into the team.
- A good communicator and listener who enjoys being part of a multinational team of professionals.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities whilst being able to motivate and mentor team members.
- 40 flexible hours from Monday to Friday starting anytime between 07:00-09:00 and ending between 15:30-17:30. A 30 minute break is included and can be taken anytime throughout the day.
- Summer reduced working hours may be implemented in July and/or August to enjoy summertime and support your work-life balance commitments.
A completed and successful ACCA qualification or any other recognized Bachelor's degree in accounting.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salaries in-line with industry trends and commensurate with one's qualifications, work experience and managerial skillset.
- Recognition for exceptional performance combined with performance bonuses.
- Support one's professional development through both in-house and external training initiatives.
- A modern and accessible workplace in a centrally located office with a youthful, multicultural, and welcoming team.
- Commitment to a healthy work-life balance, such as summer reduced hours.
- An open-door policy with managers, seniors and partners.
- A fully paid mobile phone connection that can be used for both personal and work commitments.
- Employee 'referral' bounties ranging from €500 to €2500 for successful referrals.
- Super adequate compensation should overtime work be required.
- Monthly team bonding activities plus at least three company events per year.
I f you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).