Construction Project Manager
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our client's building and construction team. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing projects as well as complexity within the program portfolio; providing project management expertise and leading key project work streams working with the full project life cycle following project governance processes within agreed timescales to time cost quality and will be reporting to the Project Director.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a company focused on the construction and manufacture of building materials and is based in Naxxar, Malta.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage projects as well as complexity within the program portfolio; delivery of benefits by leading project team towards achieving predetermined goals results in alignment with the organization's strategy.
- Manage change management allocated business project resources.
- Provide project management expertise & lead key project work streams working with the full project life cycle following project governance processes within agreed timescales to time cost quality.
- Create and foster a climate of adding value in delivering projects by striving for excellence contributing to the overall development of change management.
- Scope, plan and manage projects through the entire life cycle ensuring delivery to time cost quality. This includes ensuring that the solution is capable of enabling the business to achieve benefit realisation as well as demonstrating an understanding of the organizational impact of change.
- Responsible for accurate as well as timely reporting against the project plan budget inline with agreed program governance.
- Ensure each project adheres to the governance required by the programme office, including the maintenance of full documentation and the existence of a fully supported or workgroup as appropriate to each project or program.
- Perform and/or supervise the acquisition and analysis of data to identify business problems opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate and ensure appropriate mitigating actions plus plans are in place for all project risks issues assumptions dependencies escalating to senior project manager/program manager with suggested mitigating actions for implementation.
- Build and manage relationships with project stakeholders up to a senior level to understand the context plus impact of the project to the business line ensure all stakeholders views are managed towards the best solution for all business areas impacted; promotion of an environment of continuous improvement ensuring a QA process is applied through the project lifecycle.
- Manage project resources coaching as well as training development whilst on project.
- Responsible for the formal performance review process of direct reports.
- May have responsibility for staff identification hiring process.
- Maintain as well as develop knowledge of project methodologies plus a professional network of contacts sharing knowledge and best practice where appropriate to support continuous improvement; to establish build relationships across the group to facilitate achievement of strategic goals maintaining momentum throughout the project lifecycle; collaboration with others on program team identifying internal/external resources required to deliver the project.
- Ensure projects meet internal external customer requirements.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- At-least 2+ years’ experience is required.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) and solid interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others.
- Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional employee situations, responds promptly to employee needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming, maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting, keeps emotions under control, remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, sommits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
Monday to Friday, from 07:00 till 16:00 with one hour break.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).