Operational Planning Support
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, The "Current Operations" service is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the centre, that is to provide safe and efficient air traffic services to civil and military airspace users on behalf of 4 states(the Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the Kingdom of the Netherlands).
Your role will be to:
- Provide support in developing and maintaining employee rosters and schedules in line with operational requirements.
- Assign appropriate personnel to shifts based on their endorsements, availability, and preferences while ensuring adequate coverage at all times. Manage shift swaps and replacements when necessary, while adhering to company policies and regulations.
- Track and process employee leave requests, sick days, part-time, parental leave, special leave, and any other time-off requests.
- Effectively communicate roster changes, updates, and shift assignments to all relevant staff members. Maintain clear and open channels of communication to handle inquiries and address scheduling concerns.
- Utilize rostering software or tools to generate reports and analyse workforce data. Identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement in rostering efficiency and employee utilization.
- Provide guidance and support to managers, supervisors, and employees on rostering procedures, software usage, and policies related to scheduling.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma in an associated field (i.e. Office Administration, etc.). A Bachelor’s degree would be an asset.
- In addition to the above, minimum 4 year(s) of relevant working experience.
- Experience in resource management, i.e. planning, rostering.
- Experience or knowledge of planning tools (e.g., roster and duty planning tools).
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Teamwork: You display a collaborative approach.
- Problem-solving: You know how to respond to (routine) problems as they arise by applying job knowledge.
- Planning and organising: You display an organised and methodical approach.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The levels relate to the European-framework-reference Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).