Maypole is a family run Group of businesses operating within the manufacturing and distribution of food products. Our mission is to consistently provide best quality and services to our customers while developing and investing in brand equity, giving maximum value to our stakeholders through good governance and social responsibility.
Quality and Food Safety Specialist
Maypole is currently going through a period of growth and requires a responsible Quality and Food Safety Specialist to join our team.
- Main responsibility for Food Safety documentation research, preparation, review and revisions (Raw material, Packaging and Finished Product Specifications)
- Periodically review all food safety procedures and instructions, to ensure they remain current.
- Ensuring that processes needed for the QMS and FSMS are established, implemented and maintained.
- Actively promote and deliver training internally to employees ensuring that process and end-product quality and food safety competence meet required levels
- Investigate potential sanitation issues, which may result in product contamination, reduced shelf-life, customer complaints or rejection of products
- Proactively follow hygiene (including microbiology) and food safety standards relative to legislative and regulatory guidelines
- Assists with the upkeep of Maypole’s FSMS relative to the PRP’s program and organising of schedules.
- Monitoring food safety practices during preparation and storage to ensure that foods are safe for customers.
- Assisting in the setting up Internal Audit function within Maypole factory by preparation of checklists, audit questions, investigations and findings.
- Actively participating in First-party (Internal) and Second-party (supplier) audits documenting the audit findings and submitting reports related to non conformances, corrections and corrective actions.
- Forming part of the Food Safety Team and adopting a risk based approach relative to HACCP processes and the resulting OPRPs and CCPs.
- Follow Validation processes in controlling the hazards (establishing critical limits) and Verification Processes (monitoring critical limits set).
- Extensive knowledge of FSSC22000, ISO22000, ISO22002-3, BRC and Halal Standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Sound understanding of FSMS with particular focus on HACCP studies – adopting a risk based assessment approach.
- Strongly Analytical and detail focused.
- Proficient in conducting audits of food preparation and sanitisation
- Able to monitor staff to ensure compliance with food safety standards.
- Skilled at developing and delivering food safety training.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree – Food Science or equivalent.
- Experience within the Food Industry is an added asset.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Educational and skill requirements
Advertisement created2. November 2023
Application deadlineNo deadline
Type of work
Tal-Ħandaq, Qormi, Malta
Similar jobs (12)
Assistant Restaurant ManagerMG Group of Restaurants
Chef de partieChophouse
Food Truck StaffVecchia Napoli
Waiters / WaitressesVecchia Napoli
Restaurant ManagerCafe' Cuba
Head ChefCafe' Cuba
Assistant Restaurant ManagerCafe' Cuba
Restaurant SupervisorsCafe' Cuba
Station ChefTavio's Pepe Nero
PizzaioloTavio's Pepe Nero
Food & Beverage ManagerTavio's Pepe Nero