The Sous Chef is the second in command in the kitchen, following the Senior Sous Chef specifications and guidelines. Applying culinary and managerial skills the Sous Chef plays a critical role in maintaining and enhancing the performance of the Valletta Market food outlets.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food menus.
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
- Fill in for the Senior Sour chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance.
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards (HACCP).
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- 2 years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent track record of kitchen and staff management
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Diploma in Culinary Arts or related certificate.