Maypole is a family run Group of businesses operating within the manufacturing and distribution of food products. Our mission is to consistently provide best quality and services to our customers while developing and investing in brand equity, giving maximum value to our stakeholders through good governance and social responsibility.
Assistant Production Manager
We are currently going through a period of growth and are seeking a responsible Assistant Production Manager to join our team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Reporting and assisting the Factory General manager.
- Assisting the Factory General manager with administrative tasks like production schedules and timesheets.
- Assisting in material forecast requirement.
- Preparing cost estimates for materials, equipment, and hiring labourers.
- Overseeing quality control throughout the production process.
- Follow up on ensuring that production is completed before deadlines and report accordingly.
- Procuring and monitoring the efficiency of production equipment.
- Updating the Factory General manager on the status of projects.
- Liaising and coordinating production with other departments.
- Resolving labour disputes, where requested
- Able to use and operate the company’s ERP system as instructed
- Data drilling using ERP/excel to present in reports or utilise for production planning purposes
- Previous experience working in a related industry preferred.
- Ability to confidently and proactively supervise production teams.
- Exceptional analytical ability toward solving production-related concerns.
- Knowledge of procuring materials, equipment, and labour needed throughout the production process.
- Proficiency in quality control, managing budgets, and production costing.
- Competence with computer-based administration, record-keeping, and procurement systems.
- Ability to work independently under the Factory General manager, and as part of a production team.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills toward managing human resources and liaising with other departments.
- Availability to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Educational and skill requirements
Advertisement created2. November 2023
Application deadlineNo deadline
Type of work
Tal-Ħandaq, Qormi, Malta
Other jobs (3)
Similar jobs (12)
Travel AgentAir Atlanta Europe Ltd
Senior Product Technologist (Category Product Technologist)Foster Clark Products Ltd
Graduate Associate (Engineering)Foster Clark Products Ltd
Accounts ExecutiveEvolve by RS Group
Accounts OfficerFrancis Busuttil & Sons Marketing Ltd
Project ManagerMalta International Airport
Property ManagerMalta International Airport
HR AdministratorKPH Group
Administrator - TravelAir Atlanta Europe Ltd
Accounts ClerkMerlin Computers Ltd
Import / Logistics ExecutiveBiocare Group
Administration Clerk.Mizzi Automotive Services Ltd